Letters to My Son, Conor

Letters to My Son, Conor

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

11.25.15 - Be Grateful

My Dearest Conor,

As we start off Thanksgiving Eve, I thought I would start off by telling you a few things that I am grateful this year. First and foremost, I am grateful for you, my son. You are my everything. I hope, no matter what happens, you will always know this.

I am grateful for your grandma and grandpa Mallory and Thompson. Without their help, I would not be able to do everything I do.

I am grateful for your AMAZING therapy team (Pam, Lindsay, Lisa, Mandi, Mackenzie and Samantha). You have come so far with the help of these amazing people. I look forward to seeing how much more you progress with the addition of your two newest therapists.

I am grateful for your school, your teachers, and your aides. Again, the progress you have shown is everything I had hoped for.

I am grateful for my AMAZING Boss and grateful that I have a job I love.

I am grateful for friends, old and new. Friends I am growing to trust. Friends who I am hoping I will be count on in the near future, because I am going to really need them.

I am grateful for family members who say "Yes" on those rare occasions to actually do ask for help.

Oh Conor.... Another year is almost over and another year goes by where you are not talking. But you are really close. You can almost say "mom" and I look forward to the day that you can look into my eyes and say "I love you."            

All my love forever
Mommy                                  






No comments:

Post a Comment